This post may contain affiliate links. All prices quoted are accurate as of the time this post was published. You can read my full disclosure policy here.
Try my filling and easy to make ranch cream cheese pinwheels with bacon, caramelized onion, and ranch seasoning. Perfect for a backyard bbq or beach day picnic.
These pinwheels are a hit in a major way and always deliver for a crowd. I made these recently for a beach picnic and they held up nicely for the 2 and a half hour journey in my cooled insulated cooler.
I like this appetizer especially because these little bites are the perfect finger food, and who doesn’t love ranch and bacon?
How to make ranch and cream cheese pinwheels
In a bowl mix your cream cheese, scallions/green onion, bacon, and ranch seasoning. I make this ahead of time and store in fridge while chicken and onions are cooking.
Add shredded chicken and caramelized onions to the mixture and combine. The trick here is to mix the ingredients so there are no lumps and mixture can easily be spread on a tortilla.
Wrap burritos in saran wrap and store in fridge for at least 3 hours or over night. Cut burrito into half inch slices or to your desired thickness and serve.
Check out my Jumprope video where I show you how to roll a tiny burrito filled with the mixture. Roll tightly so there is no gaps or spaces when we cut the burrito into pinwheels.
Ranch Cream Cheese Pinwheels
- 1 oz ranch packet
- 2 chicken breasts
- 8 oz fat free cream cheese
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped and caramelized
- Add 8oz fat free cream cheese, scallions/green onions, 3 slices of bacon (chopped), and ranch seasoning packet
- Mix until smooth and set aside in fridge while onion caramelizes and chicken breasts are cooking
- Cook 2 chicken breasts and shred completely.
- Caramelize onions until they are translucent and turn a caramel color. Heat on low for 30 minutes. Time is dependent on stop top used.
- Add caramelized onions and shredded chicken breasts to already mixed filling
- Add shredded chicken and caramelized onions to the mixture and combine. The trick here is to mix the ingredients so there are no lumps and mixture can easily be spread on a tortilla.
- Spread filling in thin layer on 8 inch tortilla of your choice and roll into a tight burrito.
- Wrap burritos in saran wrap and store in fridge for at least 3 hours or over night. Cut burrito into half inch slices or to your desired thickness and serve.
The Nutrition values listed are only an estimate and should not be counted as the final nutrition values.
Please make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients you use when making this recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Did you try this recipe? Tag @mandbeegram on Instagram, I would love to see what you make!
For more easy recipes visit www.mandbee.com